FAQ KubeOps SINA
I try to template but the value of a key stays empty.
Please check the correct path of your values. If your key contains "-" the template plugin does not recognize that key. Removing "-" will solve that issue.
I have an error message that says "reference not set to an instance of an object"?
It is an error message from our tool for reading yaml files. It means you try to read a value from a key in a yaml file, but the key doesn't exist.
Do I have to use the template plugin in my SINA package?
No, you don't have to use the template plugin if you don't want to.
In my template.yaml, can i just write an value without a associated key?
No, because a yaml file requires a key value structure.
I have an error message that says "Username or password contain non-Latin characters"?
This error message is a known bug and can occur if your username or password is wrong. Please check if both are correct.
In my package.yaml, can I use uppercase characters as name?
Currently, only lowercase characters are allowed as the name of the package. This will be fixed in a later release.
I get an error message when I try to search an empty Hub?
This error message is a known bug and will be fixed in a later release. You need to have at least one package in the Hub before you can search it.
Can I use SINA with sudo?
At the moment SINA has no sudo support yet. You need to have docker and helm installed on your machine as well.
Docker and Helm require sudo permissions.
FAQ KubeOps LIMA
Aborting, target uses SELINUX but PYTHON bindings (LIBSELINUX-PYTHON) aren't installed!
You have to install libselinux-python on your cluster machine so you can install a firewall via LIMA.
Could not detect a supported package manager from the followings list: ['PORTAGE', 'RPM', 'PKG', 'APT'], or the required PYTHON library is not installed. Check warnings for details.
1. Check if you got a package manager.
2. You have to install python3 with 'yum install python3' and then create a symlink from python to python3 with 'update-alternatives --config python'.
Some nodes didn't upgrade. What to do now?
1. Retry to upgrade your cluster.
2. If LIMA thinks you are already on the target version edit the stored data of your cluster at
Set the Key 'kubernetesVersion' to the lowest kubernetes Version present on a Node in your cluster.
Some nodes are missing the loadbalancer
1. Check if the Loadbalancer staticPod file can be found in the manifest folder of the node.
2. If it isn't there please copy it from another node.
My master can not join, it fails when creating /ROOT/.KUBE
try the following commands on the master
mkdir -p $HOME/.kube
sudo cp -i /etc/kubernetes/admin.conf $HOME/.kube/config
sudo chown $(id -u):$(id -g) $HOME/.kube/config
I can not upgrade past KUBERNETES 1.21.X
1. Please make sure you only have the latest dependancy packages for your enviroment in your /packages folder.
2. It could be related to this kubernetes bug https://v1-22.docs.kubernetes.io/docs/tasks/administer-cluster/kubeadm/kubeadm-upgrade/
3. Try upgrading past 1.21.x manualy
My pods are stuck: CONFIG-UPDATE 0/1 CONTAINERCREATING
1. They are responsible for updating the loadbalancer, you can update them manualy and delete the pod
2. You can try redeploying the deamonset to the kube-system namespace
How does LIMA handle SELinux?
SELinux will be temporarily deactivated during the execution of LIMA tasks. After the execution is finished, SELinux is automatically reactivated. This indicates you are not required to manually enable SELinux every time while working with LIMA.
FAQ KubeOps PIA
I get the error that some nodes are not ‘Ready’. How do I fix the problem?
1. Use ‘kubectl get nodes’ command to find out first which node is not ready.
2. To identify the problem, get access to the shell of the non-ready node . Use ‘systemctl status kubelet’ to get status information about state of kubelet.
3. The most common cause of this error is that the kubelet has the problem of not automatically identify the node. In this case, the kubelet must be restarted manually on the non-ready machine. This is done with ‘systemctl enable kubelet’ and ‘systemctl start kubelet’.
4. If the issue persists, reason behind the error can be evaluated by your cluster administrators.
The httpd service is terminating too long. How can I force the shut down?
1. Use following command to force shut down httpd service:
‘kubectl delete deployment pia-httpd –grace-period=0 –force’.
2. Most deployments got a networking service like our httpd does.
Delete the networking service with the command:
‘kubectl delete svc pia-httpd-service –grace-period=0 –force’.